We are excited to tell you that this year's Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival will once again feature quality family entertainment - it just gets better every year. You will love this FREE festival so near Gulf Shores, located in Foley on Hwy. 98 West, starting June 19 and running through Father's Day weekend.
Here are my insider tips as a festival committee member:
1. Ride the FREE shuttle provided from downtown Foley that runs every 15 minutes on Friday beginning at 4:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. until after 10 p.m. Parking on the grounds is also FREE but the shuttle is easier.
2. Shop for fine art and arts & crafts items during the day to leave evenings open for music and balloon viewing.
3. Dress cool since June is a hot month on the coast. There will be a tent provided to rest and cool off during the day and of course ice cream and other cool refreshments to purchase.
4. Attend the Disc-Connected K9's - World Famous Frisbee Dogs show - it is amazing.
5. Let the little ones unwind at the Children's Village activities.
6. Kick back with a glass of wine or beer and listen to the Tip Tops on Friday evening - I love this band.
7. Enjoy the sounds of Cheyenne on Saturday evening topped off by Fireworks at 10 p.m.
8. Be near the front of the line on Friday or Saturday evening around 7 p.m. for a tethered hot air balloon ride. This is a special FREE treat for the kids but only 50 ride tickets are issued due to fuel constraints
9. Bring a lawn chair to sit back and enjoy the beautiful glow by 20 balloons as you watch the other 25 drift slowly into the festival grounds for a landing on both Friday and Saturday evenings from 7 - 9 p.m.
10. Rent a condo or house with Meyer Real Estate and receive a 20% discount on near-beach accommodations during the Hot Air Balloon Festival