Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gulf Shores Oyster Cook-off at The Hangout Nears

I love oysters. I grew up eating them and never tire of this delicacy from the Gulf. On November 5th oysters will be the reason for the party at The Hangout during the 4th annual Oyster Cook-off.

Have you ever sat at an oyster bar and watched the skilled oyster shuckers? That's something I like to do and I'm always amazed to watch them crack open the shells and remove the succulent treats inside. Once I was even presented a very small pearl from inside the shell. Intense shucking will be happening at the Oyster Cook-off and I'm sure shells will be flying as teams compete in the fast-paced oyster shucking contest.

The competition in the three food categories - Oysters Rockefeller, Cajun Oysters and Create-Your-Own Raw Oysters - will be fierce I'm sure since the teams can win a total of $10,000 in prizes including Hangout Music Festival tickets and VIP tickets.

The event itself, which starts at 11 a.m., is free to attend and the tasting tickets are only $1 each. A Beer Garden will feature craft beers and Cordina frozen cocktails. Football on the big screen will be a part of the festivities and live music by The Rentmakers will add to the celebration at The Hangout in Gulf Shores.

Join us and be prepared to have a blast at the beach and get a FREE night too.

No comments: