Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Meat Market in Orange Beach Offers Delicious Options

I love pimento cheese. This is a little known fact about me but it takes me back to my childhood. One of our newest food stores, The Meat Mart, located in Orange Beach at 4528B Easy St. at the entrance to the Orange Beach Golf Center, offers delicious pimento cheese plus quality beef, chicken, sausages, crab cakes and homemade salads.

To me one of best experiences at the beach is preparing one or more meals at the condo or house you are renting. In addition to our well-stocked area grocery stores, this new butcher shop is an option to purchase the ingredients for a great meal served in the privacy of your vacation residence. I call the store new but it actually opened around Memorial Day, so I guess it's somewhat new.

Glenn and Dale Beard from Georgia decided to open their Meat Mart in Orange Beach after falling in love with the area during a visit last fall. In addition to restaurant quality prime beef cuts, they also offer 100% natural chicken that is hormone free and antibiotic free.

So we've already established that the Meat Mart carries pimento cheese and you’ll also find smoked tuna dip, five flavors of twice-baked potatoes and homemade seafood, chicken and potato salads. Sausages are also a specialty at the Meat Mart with over 20 varieties including sun-dried tomato basil and savory chicken. As if these items are not enticing enough they also sell crab cakes and portabella mushroom caps filled with crab cake stuffing as well as kabobs and beef pinwheels. I remember my mother making pinwheels for parties, so that takes me back to my youth too.

Whether you are a couple spending a couple of days or a big group staying a week at the beach in Gulf Shores, Fort Morgan, Orange Beach or Perdido Key, I'm happy to report to you that there are now new culinary options.

No comments: