Sunday, March 21, 2010

Roman Street to Perform at Hangout Music Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama

Last September a coworker who is also a pianist in her spare time told me about an amazing band from Fairhope named Roman Street. Their story was interesting and I took her word that these classically trained guitarists had a great sound. Then when she let me know that they are scheduled as one of the 60 bands playing at the Hangout Beach, Music and Art Festival the weekend of May 14-16, I made a mental note to put them on my must see list for the festival.

However, it was not until yesterday that I became one of the newest fans of Roman Street. I had the privilege of hearing them play an open air informal concert at the Fairhope Arts and Crafts Festival. Of course I immediately bought their latest CD entitled "Amore" and as soon as I returned home searched their website to find out where else they are playing locally.

Wow, I'm very impressed with their music and now more than ever look forward to hearing them again in May at the Hangout Music Festival.

Make sure you put them on your must see list along with dozens of other bands you've already chosen to see. If you haven't already reserved your accommodations for the Hangout Beach, Music and Art Festival don't wait any longer.

No comments: