Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sunny Skies & Warm Weather for Orange Beach Festival of Art

The weather predictions are excellent - warm and sunny - for this weekend and I think it will be a perfect time to get out and enjoy the Orange Beach Festival of Art. One of the reasons I enjoy this cool festival is the location directly on the Intracoastal Waterway at the Waterfront Park in Orange Beach (26389 Canal Rd. - Hwy. 180). I like the atmosphere of the park and always enjoy walking out on the pier for a great view of the backwaters.

Sixty-five amazing artists will exhibit their creations of acrylics, folk art, glass, jewelry, mosiacs, oils, pen & ink, photography, ceramics, textiles, sculpture, wood and watercolors. I love glass so one of the highlights for me will be glass-blowing demonstrations onsite at the Hot Shop featuring Cal Breed.

The Festival will also include a Literary Authors’ Tent, a Children’s Art Alley, a wine tasting tent, a live musical stage, and a performing arts stage. Bruce Odell of Lafayette, Louisiana will be demonstrating the art of the Raku firing which should be fascinating.

I'm shedding my winter clothes in exchange for shorts and heading for the Festival of Art, won't you join me? If you need a condo or house for a last minute trip to the coast this weekend check our HOT Deals.

No comments: